(Job placed in Berlin, Germany)
Do you want to be part of a team with a clearly defined mission?
At Little Sun, we work with the overall mission of spreading sustainable light and livelihoods around the world to the 1.1 billion people worldwide without access to electricity.
Little Sun is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to join our team in Berlin, Germany, to assist in the general development of our visual narrative following the Little Sun brand guidelines. The job consists mainly of participating in the development and executing the layout of all new communication materials for sales and marketing purposes, official presentations and info packs.
Your challenge will also be to
- Prepare print ready version of the various Little Sun materials and ensuring that the standard materials are always kept up to date
- Liaise with printers and arrange the printing of communications materials
- Liaise with off-grid Little Sun partners about developing and customizing printing materials to suit local needs
- Oversee that external collaboration partners adhere to the Little Sun brand guidelines when developing joint visual materials
- Maintain an archive of previous versions of Little Sun graphic materials
We are looking for a candidate with experience in developing commercial communication and marketing materials.
Since you will be working with people from many different countries, your profile must reflect outstanding cross-cultural skills. Furthermore, excellent communication and organisation skills are essential.
As a person you are
- Capable of working under pressure and within deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to organisational priorities
- An excellent team player
- Passionate about being part of a team working to address the global challenge of energy access in a creative and engaging way
You have a university degree (or equivalent experience) in graphic design or a related field.
You have a general good knowledge in the following areas
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in German a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office, and a good eye for detail are required
- Experience with web graphics, html and video editing an asset
Apply for the job
To apply, please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Since we would like to fill the position as soon as possible, we look forward to receiving your application from now on until 01.12.2015 latest.
For more information please visit
About Little Sun
Little Sun is a global art project and social business founded by artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen that is active in the areas of sustainable energy and trade. Eliasson and Ottesen developed the Little Sun solar-powered lamp as an important first step in a long-term plan to get clean, affordable energy to the 1.2 billion people worldwide without access to electricity. Currently Little Sun has distribution in eight African countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Nigeria and Senegal. Little Sun is a work of art that works in life.